The New Third Graders...

I will be teaching a group of new third grade students next year. I don't know these new kids very well yet, and I am worried that they will be too talkative and crazy! I have seen these students in the hallway and sometimes, they are loud and pesky like Caleb in Sarah, Plain and Tall. One time, one of them growled at me like a lion...for no reason at all!

To solve this problem, I will set expectations with my new students on the first day of school next year. For example, I will read aloud books that show good and bad examples of how to work and be respectful at school. Additionally, my students and I will create lists of expectations we all must follow in our classroom. On top of that, we will have discussions about the type of classroom community we want to have and figure out how we should treat each other to learn, be safe, and feel great about each day we spend together. Even if my new students next year are loud or wild, setting expectations from Day #1 will help make sure we have a great school year together.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Las Vegas

My Christmas Break Plans

Research Report Example